Friday, December 18, 2015

Yippee-kai-yay....

It's a tradition in my household to set up my Department 56 Christmas Village with a friend of mine. Last night was the night, so we had a couple people over to deck the halls! When I asked what Christmas movie they wanted playing in the background while we decked, they voted on Die Hard, after I refused to submit to their argument that Star Wars was a Christmas movie too.

So we watched Die Hard, and damn if it isn't a Christmas movie - and a really good movie (I have only seen it once before)! 

In doing my post-"I'm really excited about something" research, I found the following wonderful article. It's an interview with Alan Rickman who, among other anecdotes, explains how he was offered the role of Hans Gruber - his first movie role - two days after he arrived in L.A. at the age 41!! And he almost turned down the role! 

Alan Rickman: 'I almost turned down the role of the villain in Die Hard'


Hot damn, do I love Alan Ricman, or what? Ho. Ho. Ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment